E3 Spark Plugs’ List of Five Must-Have Skills for Every Car Owner
Your car is more than a mode of transport – it’s a financial investment in your life and lifestyle. So take care of it! And by “take care of it,” we don’t necessarily mean you should head to a mechanic for every little thing. Instead, roll up your sleeves, grab your owner’s manual (we just KNOW it’s still in your glove compartment under all those old CDs, napkins and condiment packets) and earn a little DIY street cred. Start with E3 Spark Plugs‘ list of five must-have skills for every car owner:
Be her hero. Check E3 Spark Plugs' list of five must-have skills for every auto owner.
- Change a Flat Tire – Who needs AAA when you’ve got two hands, a jack, a lug wrench and a sparkling clean white shirt?
- Jump Start a Car - It’ll get you back on the road in no time. Plus, if you’re the one with the running car, it’s a great way to play hero to that cutie in the parking lot giving you the damsel-in-distress look.
- Change an Air Filter - This usually gets done when you take your car in for an oil change, but you’ll want to double check with your mechanic. A clogged air filter can cause your once-strong ride to be sluggish or, worse, to overheat and cause more serious – and potentially expensive – problems.
- Check the Oil and Transmission Fluid – If the oil line on your dipstick (OK, stop giggling – We’re all adults here) is below the minimum line, get it changed ASAP. If it’s over the max line, the additional pressure could blow a gasket. If the transmission fluid is below the cold line on the dipstick (Oh, for Pete’s sake, stop laughing), your fluid is low. This can mean trouble maneuvering your car and lead to a transmission failure. Experts say nine of ten transmission failures are due to skipping regular fluid and filter changes – an expensive and totally needless fail.
- Change the Spark Plugs - Slacking on this one can create poor combustion, dirty up your oxygen sensors and clog your catalytic converter. Luckily, we can help you with this one. If you haven’t already, switching to E3 spark plugs will give your car, truck or motorcycle a stronger, cleaner and more economical ride.
Check our online catalog to find out which spark plugs you need and our E3 Spark Plugs blog for plenty of spark plug How-Tos including: setting the gap in your spark plugs, indexing a spark plug, reading your spark plugs and replacing your spark plug wires.