Time to Spring Clean your Ride – E3 Spark Plugs Offer Tips
Spring is in full swing. And you know what that means. Time for some spring cleaning – not just your house, but your ride, too. E3 Spark Plugs offers a few tips.
- Wash your car, over and under – Again. Yes, we know. That powdery, pale yellow pollen film will be back next week. Sorry ‘bout your luck. Gotta do it, or it’ll do a number on your paint job. This goes double if you live in an area where it snows in the wintertime. Chances are, there’s a buildup of road salt just waiting to corrode and rot out your car’s exhaust and muffler systems, coil springs and frame. Extra points for waxing your ride after a good wash. Not only will it shine her up, it helps protect your paint job, too.
- Clean the interior. And we don’t mean just digging out all those toys, fast food wrappers and empty coffee cups. Go all out with a good scrubbing of the carpets and a power washing of the floor mats, especially if there’s a still-damp spill in there. Prolonged moisture can speed up rusting of your ride’s floor.
- Switch out your wiper blades. Winter can take a toll on them, and you’ll need them in good shape for all the springtime showers coming soon.
- Inspect your AC filter. A clean one will keep dirt, pollen and plant matter out of your car’s ventilation system, which means you’ll be breathing easier – literally.
- Check and replace your fluids. Top priority is your engine oil. Take note of its color. If it’s lighter than it should be, it could be an indication that you’ve got engine trouble. Windshield wiper fluid is up there, too. You’ll need it as all that pollen comes back.
- Clean or replace your spark plugs. If it’s been a while you’ll notice more power and better gas mileage – especially if you switch to E3 Spark Plugs.
Happy spring cleaning!