E3 Spark Plugs Recommends: Six Car Flicks to See in 2015
We’re looking forward to a spate of 2015 films sure to please car buffs, including “Mad Max: Fury Road.”
The New Year has begun and judging by our highly unscientific review of the coming year in film, 2015 will be a good one for the fast car enthusiast. Here is E3 Spark Plugs’ list of must-see movies for gearheads and auto buffs:
- Furious 7: The mysterious Deckard Shaw (Jason Statham), who makes his first appearance in the after-credit scene of Fast and furious 6 that takes viewers back to the Tokyo Drift days and features Han’s car exploding, is back. Remember Owen Shaw (Luke Evans), the former special ops mercenary major-turned-underworld power figure that Dominic Toretto (Vin Diesel) threw from a plane in Fast & Furious 6? Yeah. Turns out Deckard is his brother. And he’s mad. Furious 7 also is the last filmed by late actor and racing enthusiast Paul Walker. Release date – April 3.
- Mad Max: Fury Road: Tom Hardy and Charlize Theron star in this post-apocalyptic, desert-set tale that director George Miller describes as “a very simple allegory, almost a western on wheels.” We can’t wait to see the newest incarnation of the Mad Max Fury Road Interceptor. Release date – May 15.
- Monster Trucks: Nothing in the way of a plot has been released about this new life-action/animated franchise by Paramount Animation, the newly formed animated film division of Paramount Pictures. We know it’s budgeted at upward of $100 million and stars the likes of Jane Levy, Lucas Till, Amy Ryan, Rob Lowe, Danny Glover, Barry Pepper and Holt McCallany. Release date – May 29.
- Terminator Genisys: Kyle Reese (Jai Courtney) finds himself in a divergent new timeline and teams up with a young Sarah Connor (Game of Thrones‘ Emilia Clarke) and an aging Terminator (yep, Arnie’s back) in an attempt to thwart Judgment Day. There’s some great car chase/crash action including Sarah ramming a truck through a department store window and a crash that sends the three main characters airborne in a school bus. Release date – July 1.
- Black Mass: Johnny Depp stars in this true telling of notorious gangster Whitey Bulger, the brother of State Senator Bill Bulger (Benedict Cumberbach) and arguably the most infamous violent criminal in the history of South Boston. The film focuses on Whitey Bulger’s FBI informant turn to take down a Mafia family invading his turf. We’re betting this one will be filled with some vintage automotive beauties.
- Spectre aka Bond 24: It’s a James Bond flick. ‘Nuff said.
Which are you most anticipating? Post your thoughts on the E3 Spark Plugs Facebook Fan Page.