Five Car Models Bowing Out with Final Editions in 2015
The Mercedes-Benz AMG SLS is on its coming to an end, and the amazing final edition already is sold out.
They say nothing lasts forever. Such is the case for five different car models set to get the final edition sendoff in 2015. If you’re one of those who loves the get-’em-before-they’re-gone challenge, here are the five rides you need to look out for over the next year:
- Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution: This high performance sports car originally intended only for the Japanese market will drive off into the sunset after a special action model offering in 2015. The decision comes after a slow year of selling only about 200 a month nationwide, officials say.
- Volkswagen Eos: This slope-backed steel droptop is heavy on great design , but also a bit too heavy on price for consumers. In its last days on the lot, the company is offering loads of extras including 18-inch alloy wheels, heated 12-way power seats and a backup camera.
- Mercedes-Benz AMG SLS: You might be out of luck on this one. The gulwing-doored supercar unveiled its Final Edition last year, making the auto show rounds over the past months. Its final run is limited to just 350 units, which already are “basically sold out,” says Mercedes spokesman Christian Bokich.
- Toyota FJ Cruiser: The final edition of this popular off-road ride “pays tribute to the iconic Land Cruiser FJ40 of the 1960s, from which the FJ Cruiser draws its rugged DNA, inspiration and design,” Toyota officials say. The company is offering a 2,500-unit run of the Trial Teams Ultimate Edition Cruiser.
- Cadillac CTS-V Coupe: Cadillac will build just 500 of its final edition CTS-V performance cars, making way for an all new V-series set for 2016.
Which retired ride would you most like to see make a comeback? Post your thoughts on the E3 Spark Plugs Facebook Fan Page.