Congratulations to our Team E3 Spark Plugs’ February Winners!
Talk about a tough field of racers! After reviewing dozens of great entries, our judges have finally chosen February’s Team E3 Spark Plugs winners. Congratulations and thank you to everyone who entered!
TIER 1 WINNERS (Win $500 cash, 25 E3 Spark Plugs and Official E3 Race Day Gear/Decals):
- Shane Corson: Corson won his first race at the local MX track in Blackwood, NJ at age nine and hasn’t looked back. His racing career started with a bang – He won the 90cc 4 stroke class each of his first three seasons. He later moved to the 300cc class and, last year, ran his first 450cc class event. In two national races, the 16-year-old was the youngest driver by at least four years.
- Andrew Pollard: Pollard of Senoia, GA began racing legends cars at age 12 in 1999. The very next season, he racked up 10 wins and finished second in year-end points. His career has continued that fast track and today, he’s the reigning champion in four different series and the 2011 Georgia Racing Hall of Fame Driver of the Year.
- Jason Jiovani: Largo, FL’s Jiovani is in his seventh season in the competitive drifting world. He’s racked up lots of top 10 finishes and this year will run the StreetWise Drift in the East Regional US Series. He’s also eligible to run the PRO class of Formula D this season.
- Rick Hudson: Hudson of North Vernon, IN raced go-carts starting at age 12 and running everything from dirt ovals to road courses to major US courses like Daytona International, Watkins Glen and Road America. Two decades and more than a few broken bones later, he switched to UMP modified racing and is currently in his eighth season driving a Larry Shaw-built modified.
- Stephen Kildahl: Estero, FL’s Kildahl started his career with a special permission waiver that allowed him to race the Super Boat International Offshore Boat Racing Circuit at age 16 – two years short of the normally required minimum age of 18. He’s since racked up 14 career wins, three Florida championships, two national championships and a world championship.
- Dan Bunting: Bunting of Alexandria, OH is a team owner and pilot of a Tunnel Boat. He has finished in the top 10 in series points in the American Powerboat Racing Series Tour each of the last four years and is co-sponsored by Monster Energy, JEGS and Hard Rock Café.
TIER 2 WINNERS (Win 1 Set of up to 8 Plugs and Official E3 Race Day Gear/Decals):
- Robert Emery of Valley Center, CA has competed for several years in the Lucas Oil Off Road Racing Series’ Limited Buggy Class and this year moves up to the Pro Buggy Unlimited.
- Jesse Grose of Cocoa, FL competes in the Florida Karting Championship series with P.D. B. Racing Team America, a sister team to the European factory team of the Netherlands, and aims to start racing cars in the SCCA Pro Formula 1000 Championship this year.
- Steve Shaw of Merlin, ON won eight stock car races in his 2003 rookie season and currently races for the rick Hornick Racing Team.
- Alex Prunty of Lomira, WS is a 19-year-old, third-generation racecar driver who, two years ago, won his family’s 11th track championship at Slinger Speedway in the Super Late Model Division. He formed his own racing team, Alex Prunty Racing, at age 16.
- Tammie Huenink of Lincoln, NE competes in the Outlaw Hot Rod Tractor Pulling Association and the Championship Truck and Tractor Pulling Association.
- Dustin Lawson of Minot, ND is a third-generation race car driver who started in hobby stocks and currently races with the Northern Outlaw Sprint Association.
TIER 3 WINNERS (Win Official E3 Race Day Gear and Decals):
- Bandon Williams
- Greg Reinarts
- Dee Erdmann
- Jack Wilbanks
- Erik Gehrke
- Marcus Method
Congratulations to all of our February winners. Welcome to Team E3 Spark Plugs!
If you haven’t already, be sure to sign up for a chance to be a March winner (all entries from February will also be considered for the March Contest, so no need to re-apply) and land prizes including sets of E3 car spark plugs, cash and promotion via E3′s website and social media channels. Note to all of our February winners, we will be getting in touch with you early next week to officially welcome you to Team E3 Spark Plugs!