E3 Spark Plugs’ Fave Sights at the Washington Auto Show
The Washington Auto Show started January 27 and won’t wrap up until Sunday. But E3 Spark Plugs has already seen enough fun stuff to declare the event a success. Here’s a few of our top sights:
- Toyota’s FCV-R Hydro concept car: This sleek sedan designed to run on hydrogen has seating for four and impressive luggage space, thanks to the housing of the fuel cell beneath a specially designed body shell. The company aims to launch a fuel cell vehicle by 2015.
- Vintage ponies: A whole lineup of vintage Ford Mustangs proved a scene stealer for the classic muscle car-loving show-goers.
- Famous faces: President Barack Obama stopped by for chats with a few of the top automaker executives and an inside look at a few choice vehicles. J.R. Martinez, the former soldier who famously survived a landmine explosion while serving in Iraq and came home to win So You Think You Can Dance and become a sought-after motivational speaker, also made an appearance. Multiple Washington Redskins players showed up too, as did Jersey Shore’s Snooki Polizzi.
- Cram the Cube: A contest in which 20 people with no shame crammed themselves into a Nissan Cube.
- The USA Cheerleaders: No explanation necessary.
So what was your favorite feature at the Washington Auto Show? Post your comments and pics on the E3 Spark Plugs Facebook fan page.