Jerry Seinfeld Selling Off a Slew of Vintage Porsches
Entertainer Jerry Seinfeld is known as much for his love of vintage Porsches as he is for his comedy, particularly with the success of his latest show, Comedians in Cars Getting Coffee. So, it comes as a bit of a surprise that he’s unloading a slew of them at the upcoming Gooding & Company Amelia Island Auction in Florida on March 11.
Says Seinfeld of the portion of his collection hitting the auction block: "Each one of these cars is a pinnacle of mechanical culture to me. Many are the best examples that exist in the world. I've loved being entrusted with their care, and I'm proud of the level to which we have brought each and every one of these wonderful machines. Honestly, if I had unlimited time, space and attention span I would never sell one of them. And the reason I wanted to bid these cars farewell in this way is really just to see the look of excitement on the faces of the next owners who I know will be out of their minds with joy that they are going to get to experience them. My enthusiasm for this pursuit remains quite insane and I am very fortunate to have many other cars I get to look after."
Up for grabs are:
- 1973 Porsche 917/30 Can-Am Spyder
- 1955 Porsche 550 Spyder
- 1959 Porsche 718 RSK
- 1958 Porsche 356 A 1500 GS/GT Carrera Speedster
- 2000 Porsche Carrera GT Prototype
- 1990 Porsche 962C
- 1974 Porsche 911 Carrera 3.0 IROC RSR
- 1998 Porsche 993 3.8 Cup RSR
- 1963 Porsche 356 B 2000 GS Carrera 2 Coupe
- 1994 Porsche 964 Turbo 3.6 S Flachbau
- 1957 Porsche 356 A Speedster
- 2012 Porsche 997 GT3 4.0 Cup "Brumos Commemorative Edition"
- 1958 Porsche 597 Jagdwagen
- 2011 Porsche 997 Speedster
- 1989 Porsche 911 Speedster
- 1966 Porsche 911
- 1964 Volkswagen Camper
- 1960 Volkswagen Beetle
Will you enter a bid? And which has been your favorite Comedians in Cars Getting Coffee episode? Post your thoughts on the E3 Spark Plugs Facebook Fan Page.