Meet Team E3 Racing Tier 2 Winner Cody Perry
Cody Perry has a bright future in racing – and perhaps the best manicured lawn in the neighborhood.
“This may sound crazy,” says the latest Team E3 Racing winner. “But I always mow the grass right before we load everything up. It helps me concentrate, brings me good luck.”
Perry’s strange pre-race regimen apparently is paying off. The high school senior from North Vernon, Indiana first hit the tracks in 2008 and quickly let it be known that he was the one to beat. Among his accomplishments:
- 3rd in Points at Twin Cities Raceway Park in the Hornet Division in 2009
- Rookie of the Year at Twin Cities Raceway Park in the Hornet Division in 2009
- 5th in Points at Twin Cities Raceway Park in the Hornet Division in 2010
- Twin Cities Raceway Park Hornet Track Champion in 2011 with 12 heat wins and three feature wins
- 2nd in Points at Lawrenceburg Speedway in the Hornet Division in 2012
Perry became interested in racing while working crew for his racing cousin for several years. Eventually, he slipped behind the wheel himself and never looked back – except to smile and wave at the fellow racers left in his dust. Perry races a 2005 Chevrolet Cavalier in the Sport Compact/Hornet Division at the Twin Cities Raceway Park, Lawrenceburg Speedway and Brownstown Speedway. He lists sprint car driver Jeff Bland Jr., late model driver Earl Pearson Jr., modified driver and cousin Rick Hudson, super stock driver Randy Petro and pure stock driver Dustin Petro as his favorite drivers.
Perry’s full crew consists of his dad, who handles all the mechanics, and his mother, who serves as his mentor and biggest cheerleader. He plans to attend college after graduating this summer, but no doubt will remain a driving force on the racetracks.
From all of us at E3 Spark Plugs, congratulations and welcome to the team, Cody.