NASCAR Stars' Classic Cars on Display in Charlotte
If you're a NASCAR fan, you no doubt have memorized the cars that each of your favorite drivers drive on the racetrack. But do you know rides fill their garages? Thousands of racing and classic car enthusiasts will find out next month during the AutoFair at Charlotte Motor Speedway.
The event, slated for April 9-12 in the CMS's Nationwide Showcase Pavilion, will feature the off-track rides owned by a dozen NASCAR stars including Dale Earnhardt, Jr., Jeff Gordon, Kyle and Kurt Busch, Clint Bowyer, Joey Logano, David Ragan and Ben Kennedy. Among the highlights:
- Gordon's 1952 Oldsmobile Super 88;
- Kyle Busch’s 1956 Chevrolet Bel Air Coupe;
- Kurt Busch’s 1932 Ford Roadster;
- Bowyer’s 1979 Peterbilt 389 pickup truck;
- Ragan’s 1938 Ford UPS package car;
- Kennedy’s Verrado Electric Drift Trike, a tricycle with slick rear wheels for drifting;
- Earnhardt's bright yellow 2001 Chevrolet Corvette C5-R, a street version of the car he and his father drove together in the 2001 Rolex 24 at Daytona.
"I'm pretty excited for everyone to be able to enjoy my Rat Rod at the AutoFair,' Logano said in a media release. "I definitely grew up with an appreciation of old and classic cars and it's something I still really follow closely today. I'm always looking for something else to add to my collection."
The AutoFair attracts more than 100,000 visitors each year. It's a family-friendly event and tickets are just $10 for adults and kids 14 and older. Children 13 and younger are admitted free with a paying adult.
Will you attend AutoFair this year? Post your pics and thoughts on the E3 Spark Plugs Facebook Fan Page.