No Stopping Ryan Dungey at Home
It doesn’t look like anyone can stop 450cc points leader Ryan Dungey from his goal of winning the 2010 AMA Lucas Oil MX Pro Championship in his rookie season. In front of a home-state crowd, native Minnesota rider Dungey dominated Round 7 at the popular Spring Creek National MX and extended his lead in the national championship chase. If you want to dominate on the street, in the woods or off-road in the dirt, try E3 Motorcycle Spark Plugs in your favorite ride. Let E3′s patented DiamondFire technology afford you the Energy, Efficiency and Ecology for your winning ride.
In Moto One of the 450cc class, MX legend Kevin Windham pulled an early lead riding the Red Bull Honda as a replacement rider for the injured Davi Milsaps. Windham had an excellent return to the factory Honda camp with a solid fourth overall finish for the day. Once Suzuki’s Ryan Dungey got by Windham, he picked up the pace and disappeared from the rest of the talented 450cc field. Joe Gibbs Racing Yamaha rider Josh Grant would finish second ahead of Honda’s Andrew Short and Kiwi Ben Townley. Defending MX Champion Chad Reed crashed during Moto One and would sit out the second race with a nagging neck injury.
Troy Lee Design/Lucas Oil rider Townley blasted to lead in Moto Two ahead of Short, Dungey and Windham before dropping his Honda in the Millville sand. Dungey would take the lead and wasted no time in putting distance between his Rockstar Suzuki and Short’s Red Bull Honda. Once again privateer Texan Kyle Regal would capture the factory teams’ attention as he raced pass the Hondas of Kevin Windham and Andrew Short for a second place in the moto and a third overall finish for the day. A pair of third place finishes would net Short a second overall leaving him 89 points behind Dungey for the championship.
The “Ryan Dungey Show” will head west along with the rest of the AMA Lucas Oil MX Pro Championship teams for Round 8 in Washougal, Washington. If you’re looking for championship performance for your motorcycle, car, SUV or truck, E3 car spark plugs are guaranteed to deliver time after time. Follow the world’s top riders all the way to 2010 MX National Championship finals on the E3 Spark Plugs racing blog.
2010 Lucas Oil AMA Motocross Pro Championship
AMA 450cc MX – Spring Creek MX National (Round 7)
1) Ryan Dungey, Belle Plaine, MN, Suzuki (1-1)
2) Andrew Short, Smithville, TX, Honda (3-2)
3) Kyle Regal, Kemp, TX, Honda (8,2)
4) Kevin Windham, Centerville, MS, Honda (5,4)
5) Ben Townley, New Zealand, Honda (4,5)
6) Josh Grant, Riverside, CA Yamaha (2,10)
7) Ryan Sipes, Vine Grove, KY, Yamaha (9,7)
8) Kyle Chisholm, Valrico, FL, Yamaha (7,9)
9) Brett Metcalfe, Australia, Honda (16,6)
10) Nic Wey, Dewitt, MI, Kawasaki (11,11)
AMA 450CC MOTOCROSS CHAMPIONSHIP STANDINGS
1) Ryan Dungey, Belle Plaine, MN, Suzuki 318
2) Andrew Short, Smithville, TX, Honda -89
3) Ben Townley, New Zealand, Honda -95
4) Brett Metcalfe, Australia, Honda -97
5) Josh Grant, Riverside, CA, Yamaha -103
6) Chad Reed, Australia, Kawasaki -114
7) Mike Alessi, Victorville, CA, KTM -122
8) Kyle Regal, Kemp, TX, Honda -161
9) Ryan Sipes, Vine Grove, KY, Yamaha -178
10) Kyle Chisholm, Valrico, FL, Yamaha -184