Worst Excuses Actually Used to Dodge Speeding Tickets
Let's face it - A lot of us have a need for speed, but nobody likes getting nabbed with a speeding ticket. So, we can come up with some real doozies of excuses to dodge a high-dollar citation. PoliceOne.com, an online resource for law enforcement professionals, asked officers nationwide to tell about the best, worst and craziest lines they've received from lead-footed drivers. Here are 10 of our favorites here at E3 Spark Plugs.
- "I wasn't speeding, I just got a haircut and it makes me look fast."
- "I'm a Wicka. You know, a witch. Are you giving me a ticket? I'll put a spell on you."
- "Oh, I thought the sign I 95 meant the speed limit. Glad you didn't catch me over on SR 210 earlier."
- "Duh, I know I was going fast, I was trying to get the snow off my windshield so I could see where I'm going."
- "My car has a recall on it for unexplained acceleration and I'm on my way to get it fixed."
- "I have a cold and when I cough, my foot mashes the pedal."
- "The box says 'If you have an erection over 4 hours, see your doctor immediately."
- "I wasn't speeding, I was qualifying."
- Speeder: "I was just keeping the 2 second buffer time between me and the car behind me." Cop: "There was no one behind you." Speeder: "Good job, huh?"
- Cop: "I stopped a lady who was crying when I walked up. I asked what the problem was. She said she had gone shopping for the first time after having a baby and nothing fit right. I handed her her license back and slowly backed away. Nothing good was coming from this."
What's the best, most bogus excuse you've ever given for putting the pedal to the metal? Post it on the E3 Spark Plugs Facebook Fan Page.