E3 Spark Plugs to the Rescue as Gas Prices Rise Again
Spark plugs, tire gauges, air filters all are weapons in the fight against rising gas prices. The national average cost for a gallon of unleaded self-serve gasoline was $2.98 as of Tuesday morning, and it already tops $3 in some states including California, New Jersey and Nevada. That’s the highest national average gas price since October 2008.
As the economy continues to recover, everyone is looking for ways to cut costs and still get their day-to-day running done, especially during the holiday travel season. To that end, E3 Spark Plugs and AAA offer a few tips to help drivers conserve gas, save cash and boost air quality for everyone:
- Check your tire pressure. Underinflated tires cut your fuel economy by upwards of two percent per pound of pressure below recommended levels. In fact, the increased resistance in underinflated tires on our highways wastes nearly 1.2 billion gallons of fuel per year according to the U.S. Department of Energy. Not to mention, they’re a real safety hazard on the roadways.
- Replace clogged air filters. They can cause up to a 10 percent jump in fuel consumption.
- A little junk in the trunk is great for your woman – not so much for your gas mileage. Every 100 extra pounds you haul around in your trunk, backseat or pickup bed can cost you a mile per gallon. Clear it out.
- Car pool, take the bus or at least do a little pre-planning when it comes to running errands. Write a shopping list for the week and make one trip to town, rather than half a dozen ones for all the stuff you forgot the first time. Leave a few minutes early to avoid being stuck in rush hour traffic jams.
- If you’re traveling long distance, plan a route that bypasses construction zones and big-city congestion areas. And reserve a hotel room before you head out, so you’re not circling unfamiliar streets searching for a “Vacancy” sign.
- Slow down and chill out. The faster you drive, the more gas you burn. And aggressive driving and quick stops and starts waste an average two miles per gallon. So set your cruise control to a reasonable speed and relax.
- Skip the premium and mid-grade fuel if your vehicle’s owner manual doesn’t specifically require it.
- And, of course, replace worn spark plugs with new E3 car spark plugs, truck spark plugs or motorcycle spark plugs. E3′s DiamondFire technology makes our spark plug a proven leader in reducing fuel consumption, toxic emissions and costs.
Happy holiday traveling!